Built only for FSX SP2 and Acceleration, the Bearcat has a highly detailed virtual cockpit complete with 3d gauges, authentic textures and a whole range of historically-accurate features.
Watch and listen as countless animations and sound effects bring the mighty R-2800 radial engine to life. Fly fast paced bombing missions or fire rockets and machine guns at the enemy whilst the accurate flight dynamics adapt to the ever-changing situation!
The Grumman F8F Bearcat (affectionately called “Bear”) was an American single-engine naval fighter aircraft of the 1940s. It went on to serve into the mid-20th century with the United States Navy and other air forces, proving to be Grumman’s ultimate piston-engine fighter aircraft.
The Bearcat concept was inspired by the early 1943 evaluation of a captured Focke-Wulf Fw190 by Grumman test pilots and engineering staff. Having been informed of the Fw190’s performance, company President Leroy Grumman personally laid out the specifications for the successor to the legendary F6F Hellcat.
The basic design closely emulated the philosophy of the German fighter, although no part of the Fw190 was copied. The F8F Bearcat stemmed from the primary goal of outperforming highly manoeuvrable late-model Japanese fighter aircraft such as the A6M5 Zero.
A configuration editor is provided in-game to allow the F8F to be totally customised and readied for any mission!
Ammunition can be loaded by the round, with each unit affecting the weight individually. Weights are accurate to the weapon type, with cannon rounds weighing more than the machine gun!
Every object configured via the editor will affect the weight and performance of the F8F in real-time.
Rockets and bombs can be deployed with a realistic after-effect exerted upon the aeroplane!
- 2 x models included, F8F-1 and F8F-2
- Designed and built by the book.
- Comes complete with a comprehensive PDF manual.
- 3D ‘Sound Cone’ Technology with an amazing sound set, engineered using authentic Pratt & Whitney R2800 recordings.
- Every object or function creates a realistic noise!
- A dynamic load editor that will affect aircraft weights on the fly.
- DirectX 10 compatible models complete with virtual cockpit self-shadowing.
- Systems and Tru3D gauges for ultimate realism taken beyond what’s available by default.
- Tru3D Instrumentation for the ultimate smooth flying experience.
- Tru3D gauge lighting brings the instruments to life at night!
- Fully customised lighting control system, including individually created night-lighting effects.
- V-studios customised high-resolution materials give the most realistic appearance
- 6 historically accurate and detailed paint schemes.
- Fuel delivery system is accurately simulated.
- 2D Pop-ups, Configuration Editor, GPS and Radio.
- Realistic canopy operation and animation.
- Fully operable weapons pack with multiple munitions, including guns, bombs and rockets!
- Light bloom on glass and shiny materials.
- Exciting custom-made effects.
- Atmospheric effects and a realistic de-fogging system.
OS: Windows XP SP3, Vista, Win7, 8, 10
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2400 MHz
Memory: 2 GB Ram
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512 Mb or higher
DirectX®: 9.0c or higher
Hard Drive: 1 Gb free disk space
Sound: DirectX compatible with support 5.1
Simulator: Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 or Deluxe
Title: F8F Bearcat Genre: Simulation / FSX Addon Requirements: Microsoft Flight Simulator X Developer: vertigostudios Publisher: vertigostudios Release Date: 28 Sept 2010 Languages: English Version: 1.1 Our Price: £15.99 / $23.99 / €20.99