Built only for FSX SP2 and Acceleration (no planned version for FS9), the P36 Hawk has a highly detailed virtual cockpit complete with 3d gauges and authentic textures.
With animations present and correct, including custom sound recordings also adds to the immersion as you open up the throttle and watch how the self shadowing, bump mapping and spectacular highlights bring any of the 8 carefully selected paint schemes to life.
The Curtiss P-36 Hawk, also known as the Curtiss Hawk Model 75, was a U.S.-built fighter aircraft of the 1930s. A contemporary of the Hawker Hurricane and Messerschmitt Bf 109, it was one of the first of a new generation of combat aircraft—a sleek monoplane design making extensive use of metal in its construction and powered by a powerful piston engine.
The P-36 saw only limited combat with the United States Army Air Forces but was extensively used by the French Air Force and also by British Commonwealth and Chinese air units.
The P-36 has been designed to take advantage of all the graphical features FSX has to offer, including fully-custom specular shine textures, high resolution bump mapping, self-shading and 3D sound cones.
Pressing Shift+4 in game will display the configuration editor. This provides a way for various realistic objects to be displayed or hidden according to the situation.
Chocks- wheel chocks can be selected using this option.
Covers- a canopy cover with tie-down blocks can be displayed using this option.
Pilot- the pilot can be hidden or displayed using this option. When the pilot is hidden, the elevator will drop.
- As with every VertigoStudios aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.
- 3D ‘Sound Cone’ Technology.
- Fully customised lighting control system implementation, including individually created night-lighting effects.
- vstudios-customised materials give the most realistic appearance to the aeroplane.
- Eight high-resolution and detailed paint schemes.
- The famously rugged 1,000 horsepower Pratt & Whitney R-1830-13 engine
- As with every vstudios aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.
- Designed and built by the book.
- Cockpit systems and Tru3D gauges for the ultimate realism taken beyond whats available by default.
- Lights (built directly into the model) with under-wing landing light.
- Tru3D Instrumentation for the ultimate smooth flying experience.
- Sound engineered from an authentic Pratt & Whitney R-1830 recordings.
- Fuel delivery system simulated.
- All models include vstudios specialized materials.
- 2D Popups, Configuration Editor, GPS and Radio.
- Tru3D gauge lighting.
- Self shadowing VC and external model.
- High res textures throughout.
- Canopy open and close animations.
- Detailed PDF manual.
- Engine start-up and shut down procedure.
- Light bloom on glass and shiny materials.
- Full lighting management.
- Custom made effects.
OS: Windows XP SP3, Vista, Win7, 8, 10
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2400 MHz
Memory: 2 GB Ram
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512 Mb or higher
DirectX®: 9.0c or higher
Hard Drive: 1 Gb free disk space
Sound: DirectX compatible with support 5.1
Simulator: Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 or Deluxe
Title: P36 Hawk Genre: Simulation / FSX Addon Requirements: Microsoft Flight Simulator X Developer: vertigostudios Publisher: vertigostudios Release Date: 13 May 2010 Languages: English Version: 1.0 Our Price: £15.99 / $23.99 / €20.99