Ever wanted to learn to fly a tail dragger or re-create your very own private airshow? now you can. Vertigos PT17 comes in 2 flavours, a Military variant and also a airshow variant. The airshow variant has a slightly more powerful engine with the option to jettison smoke and re-create your own air display.
The PT17 was a conventional biplane of rugged construction with large, fixed tailwheel undercarriage, and accommodation for the student and instructor in open cockpits in tandem. The radial engine was usually uncowled, although some PT operators choose to cowl the engine which is beautifully displayed on our airhsow model.
The PT17 Stearman is a biplane used as a military trainer aircraft, of which at least 8,584 were built in the United States during the 1930s and 1940s. It served as a primary trainer for the USAAF, the USN (as the NS & N2S), and with the RCAF as the Kaydet throughout World War II.
After the conflict was over, thousands of surplus aircraft were sold on the civil market. In the immediate post-war years they became popular as crop dusters, sports planes, and for aerobatic and wing walking use in airshows.
- As with every Vertigo Studios aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out.
- 2 x models included, N2S (Military) and 300 (Airshow) variants
- Both the N2S and 300 boast a 3d Prop.
- 3D lights for the ultimate realism.
- Both models come with Hi-Def textures and also 2048 textures sizes.
- Designed and built by the book.
- Comes complete with a comprehensive PDF manual (printed for the retail box version).
- DirectX 10 compatible models complete with virtual cockpit self-shadowing.
- Systems and Tru3D gauges for ultimate realism taken beyond what’s available by default.
- Tru3D Instrumentation for the ultimate smooth flying experience.
- Customised high-resolution materials give the most realistic appearance to the aeroplane, whilst being optimised for great performance!
- Volumetric Cockpit Spot Light
- Fuel delivery system simulated.
- Sound Design by Sonic Solutions featuring interior and exterior start, shut-down, wheel roll, randomizing crashes, splashes, tire touches, interior and exterior wind that makes you feel you’re out there. All audio is 16 bit/48k mastered for maximum dynamic range and quality.
- Light bloom on glass and shiny materials.
- Exciting custom-made effects.
- In-game reference and check lists
- A paint kit to easily re-create your own paint schemes
- Raise / Lower pilot and passengers visor
- Show / Hide Passenger
- Show / Hide Pilot when aircraft is shut down
- Wheel chocks
- Canopy covers
- 3D GPS Popup
- Aircraft Tie-Downs
OS: Windows XP SP3, Vista, Win7, 8, 10
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2400 MHz
Memory: 2 GB Ram
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512 Mb or higher
DirectX®: 9.0c or higher
Hard Drive: 1 Gb free disk space
Sound: DirectX compatible with support 5.1
Simulator: Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 or Deluxe
Title: PT17 Stearman Vol I Genre: Simulation / FSX Addon Requirements: Microsoft Flight Simulator X Developer: vertigostudios Publisher: vertigostudios Release Date: 16 Dec 2011 Languages: English Version: 1.1 Our Price: £15.99 / $23.99 / €20.99