Built only for FSX SP2 and Acceleration (no planned version for FS9), the SBD Dauntless has a highly detailed virtual cockpit complete with 3d gauges and authentic textures, as well as switches to arm and drop the bomb.
With animations present and correct, including the crucial tail hook for those carrier landings. The authentic sound recordings also adds to the immersion as you open up the throttle and watch how the self shadowing, bump mapping and spectacular highlights bring any of the 6 carefully selected paint schemes to life.
The SBD Dauntless was easily the most famous US Navy bomber of World War II, and possibly the most important dive bomber flown by any combatant during World War II. At the outbreak of World War II, the Slow But Deadly Dauntless was considered by many to be obsolete.
The Dauntless was the only US aircraft to participate in all five Naval engagements that were fought exclusively between aircraft carriers, and despite having been marked for retirement even before the war began, the Dauntless sunk more enemy shipping during 1942 than all other aircraft combined.
- Slow, powerful and delivers one hell of a punch.
- As with every VertigoStudios aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.
- Designed and built by the book.
- Custom cockpit systems and Tru3D gauges for the ultimate realism taken far beyond what’s available by default.
- Animated pilot, if your banking right your pilot will look to the right.
- Lights (built directly into the model) with under-wing landing light.
- Tru3D Instrumentation.
- Sound engineered from real SBD recordings.
- In cockpit pilot’s map tray for handy in-flight navigation.
- Fuel delivery system simulated.
- All models include vstudios specialized materials.
- Pilot’s notes pop-up 2D panel keeps important information easily available.
- Tru3D gauge lighting.
- Self shadowing VC and external model.
- High Res textures throughout.
- Canopy open and close animations.
- Rear canopies open and close.
- Detailed PDF manual.
- 6 Aircraft paint-schemes.
- Engine start-up and shut down procedure.
- Ability to release the payload.
- Arrest hook for carrier landings.
- Approach light for carrier landings.
- Light bloom on glass and shiny materials.
- Full lighting management.
- Detailed pilot and rear gunner.
- Intermediate flight model for book flyers
- Easy flight model for fun flyers
- Custom made effects.
- Ability to look through the bomb scope for precision bombing.
OS: Windows XP SP3, Vista, Win7, 8, 10
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2400 MHz
Memory: 2 GB Ram
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512 Mb or higher
DirectX®: 9.0c or higher
Hard Drive: 1 Gb free disk space
Sound: DirectX compatible with support 5.1
Simulator: Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 or Deluxe
Title: SBD Dauntless Genre: Simulation / FSX Addon Requirements: Microsoft Flight Simulator X Developer: vertigostudios Publisher: vertigostudios Release Date: 17 Feb 2010 Languages: English Version: 1.0 Our Price: £15.99 / $23.99 / €20.99