Ever wanted to fly a WWI aircraft? Now you can! Vertigo Studios Spad VII (150 bhp, early variant) comes with a total of 15 Paint schemes and is full equipped with TacPack functionality, utilizing the Vickers Machine Gun, and optional RFC over-wing Lewis Machine gun. The guns feature custom effects for muzzle flash, tracers, and custom recorded audio. The aircraft is supplemented with easy to use configuration panel, for optional display of the pilot and the Lewis Gun, and selection of cockpit status.
The SPAD S.VII was the first of a series of highly successful biplane fighter aircraft produced by Société Pour L’Aviation et ses Dérivés (SPAD) during the First World War. Like its successors, the S.VII was renowned as a sturdy and rugged aircraft with good climbing and diving characteristics. It was also a stable gun platform, although pilots used to the more maneuverable Nieuport fighters found it heavy on the controls. It was flown by a number of the famous aces, such as France’s Georges Guynemer, Italy’s Francesco Baracca and Australia’s Alexander Pentland.
The Vertigo Studios SPAD VII features a rich, and dynamic flight model, that has been written based on extensive study of pilot reports.
*Please note. Vertical Reality Simulations TacPack is a stand-alone weapons and warfare add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It is a payware product, and it is required before weapons features will function on the Spad VII simulation. You can obtain TacPack HERE. Currently TacPack is not supported with Prepare 3D.
**With Prepare 3D constantly evolving, we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility of this product with P3D versions 2.+ and higher.
- As with every Vertigo Studios aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed inside and out.
- Compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator X vSP2® and **Lockheed Martin Prepare 3D® versions 1.4, and v2.+.
- Hi-Def 3d Prop.
- Hi-Def 4096×4096 textures.
- A total of 15 paint schemes included.
- Paint kit available to easily re-create your own liveries.
- Custom Stereo engine sounds, recorded from actual Hispano-Suiza 8Aa V-8 engine.
- Custom Stereo audio, for wind noise, and other effects.
- Custom smoke effects.
- Comes complete with a comprehensive .PDF manual.
- DirectX 10 compatible model complete with virtual cockpit self-shadowing.
- Systems and Tru3D gauges for ultimate realism taken beyond what’s available by default.
- Tru3D Instrumentation for the ultimate smooth flying experience.
- Customized high-resolution materials giving the most realistic appearance to the aeroplane, whilst being optimized for great performance!
- Config panel pop-up, to show / hide Pilot and over-wing gun and drums.
- Config panel pop-up for easy access. Select ‘Cold/Dark’ state, or ‘Ready to Start’.
- *Full TacPack integration! – Requires public release version 184.108.40.206 or greater!
OS: Windows XP SP3, Vista, Win7, 8, 10
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2400 MHz
Memory: 2 GB Ram
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512 Mb or higher
DirectX®: 9.0c or higher
Hard Drive: 1 Gb free disk space
Sound: DirectX compatible with support 5.1
Simulator: Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 or Deluxe
Title: Spad VII CI (150 bhp) Genre: Simulation / FSX Addon Requirements: Microsoft Flight Simulator X Developer: vertigostudios Publisher: vertigostudios Release Date: 28 Nov 2014 Languages: English Version: 1.1 Our Price: £15.99 / $23.99 / €20.99